Newest Blog Post Added 1/12/21 (Blog Initiated 1/28/17)
Peg's Blog Spot
Like most people, I have a lot on my mind, and I'm offering here whatever
I consider worth sharing with others from among all that "stuff." Mostly, this blog
consists of my research and reflections on issues I believe are important for our
culture and our world, as inspired by my growing concern about the contemporary context in which
facts and reason seem to have taken a back seat to falsehood and propaganda.
I do my best to do my part to counteract irrationality and intolerance via social media, but
I find that's not enough, at least for me. I really wanted a place where I could write a bit
more thoughtfully and somewhat longer about an issue than I could in a Facebook post or an email.
I have a particular point of view that does not align well with a perspective
that might be labeled "conservative." I do try to be fair and rational in my analyses,
but I make no bones about my deep unease over the direction I see my country and culture taking,
particularly during and after the 2016 election, and that
comes through in my writing here. So if you would be automatically offended by a so-called "liberal"
perspective on socio-political issues, this is probably not a blog you'd be very interested in.
The blog is not currently interactive. If you really want to contact me about
a blog post, you can always email me. (Civil disagreements welcome; trolls need not apply.)
The blog titles/topics are listed below.
I plan to add new posts on a regular basis, so do check back. Enjoy - and
thanks for reading!
· The Unacceptable Cost of Deferred Maintenance
· American Voters and the Cult of Celebrity
· We Have Met the Enemy and the Enemy Is Us
· Wanted: A Working Government
· The Trouble with That Anonymous Trump-Circle Editorial
· What "Telling It Like It Is" Really Means
· Breaking News: We're All "Values Voters!"
· Monuments Flap Is Not about the Monuments
· Have We Always Been the Disunited States of America?
· A Humble Defense of the Constitution
· Race, Class, and Access to Women's Health Services
· Trying to Learn from the Holocaust
· Trump's Angry White Folks
· Whatever Happened to "Look It Up?"
The logo banner for this
site was generated at Cool Archive (http://www.coolarchive.com/) and
the side border graphic was provided courtesy of Pambytes (www.pambytes.com).
Special thanks to the late Monica L. Stewart for the matching logo design. Buttons
at the bottom of the page were texted using graphics provided
courtesy of Button Generator (www.buttongenerator.com). All photographs and
text content on this site are © Peggy Whiteneck. No reproduction
of any part of this content is permitted without express permission of the
web site author.